Assistant/Graduate Surveyor – Development Consultancy, EC2
Our Development Consultancy Team is based in our City Office in Central London and is headed by Director, Gary Powis. The experienced team works on residential and commercial projects throughout Greater London and the Home Counties, with a particular focus on north-east London. The team specialises in advising private developers, housing associations and local authorities on a wide range of matters, including regeneration.
Due to the continued expansion of our markets, we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Assistant/Graduate Surveyor who may be well into their APC pathway, nearing the Assessment Interview to become a Chartered Surveyor or someone with appropriate skills/experience looking for a new direction in their career. The role is for someone with experience in the property market who is looking for a new challenge, career progression or entertaining the idea of enrolling onto the APC Pathway after working in other roles within the property industry.
A working knowledge of regeneration and compulsory purchased matters would be of benefit. there will also be a requirement to work in the Valuation Advisory Team when required. This will involve the valuation of a wide variety of residential and commercial properties for a full range of purposes, including loan funding.
For the successful applicant undertaking the APC Pathway, we offer a formal training programme to enable them to complete the APC and become a Chartered Surveyor. Successful candidates will be expected to attend all relevant APC sessions.
The role includes:
- Development Consultancy - Support to the experienced team in the valuation of new homes & commercial units to be built or recently constructed. This will involve working away from the office inspecting properties etc and also undertaking office-based activities.
- Advising existing land/property owners on their properties and redevelopment opportunities
- Working with external advisors as part of larger development teams including planning consultants, architects and viability consultants to advise on redevelopment and regeneration opportunities
- Advising housing associations on acquisitions and disposals
- Valuation of proposed mixed and residential-led new-build developments for both private and affordable tenure housing, as well as commercial space
- Reporting to clients in the form of Red Book compliant valuation reports
- Working with the Valuation Advisory Team and other departments in the firm, as and when required. this will involve advising on a full range of matters on commercial and residential property
- Advising on the valuation and other related matters of existing commercial and residential properties
- Advising on Developer Viability toolkits in relation to Town Planning
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in the form of working on both formal and informal reports
- Detailed analytical skills, basic numeracy and good attention to detail
- An ability to carry out research work independently and present this information clearly and correctly
- Proficient on Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience of working with Argus Developer and development appraisals would be of benefit
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients. The principle role is to support and learn from the experienced team members with the aim of progressively becoming independent to ultimately being an essential team member, adding real value and fee earner
- Ideally, Full UK Driving Licence
The role will be client facing, working with anyone from individuals, private developers, development companies, housing associations, and local authorities. They will also be expected to report to and work with all members of the team and other departments.
In exchange for knowledge, drive, and determination, we offer a competitive salary, benefits package, and long-term career progression.
If you wish to learn more about the role, discuss or apply for the position please contact Gary Powis at firstname.lastname@example.org.