Chartered Surveyor & Registered Valuer - Development Consultancy Team
Due to the continued expansion of our markets, we have an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified surveyor, who is also ideally a Registered Valuer, to join our expanding Development Consultancy Team.
The role is for someone with experience in the property market who is looking for a new challenge and career progression.
Our Development Consultancy Team is based in Strettons' City Office in central London. The experienced team works on residential and commercial projects throughout Greater London and the Home Counties, with a particular focus on north-east London. The team specialises in advising housing associations, local authorities and private developers on a wide range of matters, including regeneration. Working knowledge of regeneration and compulsory purchase matters would be of benefit.
- Development Consultancy – provide support to the experienced team in the valuation of new homes & commercial units to be built or recently constructed. This will involve working away from the office inspecting properties and also undertaking office-based activities
- Advising existing land/property owners on their properties and redevelopment opportunities
- Working with external advisors as part of larger development teams including planning consultants, architects and viability consultants to advise on redevelopments and regeneration opportunities
- Advising housing associations on acquisitions and disposals
- Valuation of proposed mixed and residential-led new-build developments for both private and affordable tenure housing, as well as commercial space
- Reporting to clients in the form of Red Book compliant valuation reports
- Working with other departments in the firm, as and when required. This will involve advising on a full range of matters on commercial and residential property
- Advising on the valuation and other related matters of existing commercial and residential properties
- Advising on Developer Viability toolkits in relation to Town Planning
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in the form of working on both formal and informal reports
- Detailed analytical skills, basic numeracy and good attention to detail
- An ability to carry out research, work independently and present this information clearly and correctly generally in the form of an RICS Red Book Valuation Report
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience of working with Argus Developer and development appraisals would be of benefit
- Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail
- Team player who deals effectively with colleagues and clients. The principle role is to support and learn from the experienced team members with the aim of progressively becoming independent to ultimately being an essential team member, adding real value and fee earner
- Full UK Driving Licence preferred
The role will be client-facing, working with anyone from individuals, private developers, development companies, housing associations and local authorities. This position will also be expected to report to and work with all members of the team and other departments. In exchange for knowledge, drive and determination, we offer a competitive salary, benefits package and long-term career progression.
Please note depending on numbers, that we may not be able to respond at all applications.