Financial Controller, E11
Strettons has an exciting opportunity to become a key member of the management team, providing financial leadership and department management with the potential to progress to Financial Director level, as a commercial analytical resource. The role is based at the Strettons headquarters in our East & North London office in Leytonstone. Reporting to our managing director and working across all departments in the business, this position is will see the right candidate play a key function at Strettons.
Responsibilities will include:
- Budgeting & reporting
- Managing cash flow
- Reporting to the board - creating, developing and delivering financial reports to senior management and the board
- Managing the work and development of accounts staff (currently 2 finance administrators)
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Ensuring compliance relating to the company's accounting matters
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts
- Preparing and submitting monthly P&L reports and other financial statements
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assisting in preparing annual audited statements
- Submitting Statutory documentation, company accounts, VAT, PAYE etc.
- Qualified Accountant ACCA
- Minimum of 5 years' experience
- Commercially focused with strong technical and broad-based business expertise gained
- Experience in the position of Financial Controller preferred
- Experience in budgeting and working across multiple business units, senior managers and directors
- Ability to organise and run financial meetings, and to convey financial information, in a 'non-technical' and easy to understand format
- Demonstrable experience supporting senior stakeholders and the ability to provide critical financial information to assist in driving decision-making processes
Systems & skills:
- Highly proficient at Excel
- Experience with Sage Line 200 preferred
- Experience in systems implementation - accounting systems, dashboard/reporting systems
Salary & package:
- Negotiable, dependant on experience
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) life assurance, pension and travel loan scheme
To learn more, submit your CV or have a discussion about the role, please email email@example.com.
Strettons is a leading London-based firm of property advisors with offices in the City & City Fringe, the West End and East & North London. We have expertise across a wide range of commercial and residential property sectors, giving advice to buyers, owners, occupiers, investors, developers and more. Our core teams cover agency, property auctions, property and asset management as well as valuation and advisory services. While we are well known for our unrivalled knowledge base and activity in east and north London, our agency and valuation & advisory work is spread right across Greater London and the Home Counties. Our auction, property management and receivership work is trusted nationwide. The in-depth knowledge of our core markets gives our clients a true advantage in property.