Property Auction Administrator
Strettons is a leading, independent firm of property advisors with expertise across a wide range of commercial and residential property, giving advice to buyers, owners, occupiers, investors, developers and more. Our core teams cover agency, property auctions, property & asset management and valuation & advisory services.
We have been auctioneering property since 1938 and have a reputation as one of the most respected auction houses in London. In the last 12 months, we have sold in excess of £100,000,000 of property at auction and hold 7 sales each year. Being one of the busiest and most high profile divisions of the business with highly ambitious growth targets, this is a role that will be vital to the team’s success.
Based in our office in Leytonstone, you'll be supporting the auction team of five auction surveyors and the Director of Auctions. The candidate would be responsible primarily for the auction team accounts, but with a wider focus on general administration for the team.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Listing properties for sale by auction on our CRM system, website and selling portals
- Assist the head administrator in the day to day running of the auction team
- Raising of invoices for selling and buying clients and catalogue advertisers
- Chasing of unpaid invoices
- Collection of Anti-money laundering documentation from selling clients
- Organisation of pre-auction telephone, internet and proxy bids from prospective buyers
- Production of auction day addendum
- Liaison with both our selling and buying clients
- Attending and assisting at our auctions
- Dealing with collection and allocation of deposit payments and administration fees
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent communication, numeracy and organisation skills
- Good under pressure with a desire and hunger to succeed
- Bright and personable team player with a “can do” attitude
- Must have a passion for customer service
- Flexibility to meet deadlines
- Attitude and enthusiasm are far more important than auction experience
- Drive to work well using their own initiative essential
- Keen attention to detail and an ability to anticipate problems before they arise
Our auction team is based in our office next to Leytonstone Underground Station. In exchange for knowledge, drive and determination, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package with opportunities for progression.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV by emailing email@example.com.
Please note depending on numbers, that we may not be able to respond to all applications.