Mark H ShawBSc FRICS ACIArbDirector Lease Advisory & Litigation Support
Director of Strettons with a background in Lease Advisory work since the early 1980’s, Mark Shaw is pre-eminent in this field in London and the Home Counties in respect of office, retail and industrial property. He is regularly appointed by the RICS in relation to rent disputes as arbitrator and independent expert.
Since joining Strettons in June 2007, he has also specialised in acting as expert witness in valuation related litigation cases in respect of both residential and commercial property.
In his spare time, Mark is a keen amateur dramatic enthusiast and is chairman of ELODS, a musical theatre group based in north London. His other passion is skiing.
2010 RICS Panel of Independent Experts
2009 RICS Panel of Arbitrators
2004 Associate Institute of Arbitrators
1994 Fellow RICS
1985 Member RICS
1983 Degree Urban Estate Management
- Lease Advisory: Advising occupiers and owners on rent reviews and lease renewals of commercial property.
- RICS Appointments: Being appointed as arbitrator or independent expert by the Dispute Resolution Service of the RICS in relation to rent review and lease renewal disputes.
- Expert Witness: Acting for claimants and defendants in property valuation related litigation cases involving both residential and commercial property and providing evidence in court where appropriate.
- Single Joint Expert: Being appointed by the parties or the court in relation to property litigation cases.
- Consultancy: Providing general advice to client’s on a wide range of commercial and residential property matters.