Our affordable housing team provides market facing valuation and consultancy advice direct to the affordable housing sector as well as the private and public sectors within the south east of England, focusing on Greater London and extending into geographical areas beyond our offices.
We have established ourselves as specialists in this sector by providing highly professional advice that has added value to our clients. Over recent years, we have acted for over 20 Registered Providers (RPs) - also known as Housing Associations - and a number of valuation frameworks for such organisations.
We regularly undertake the valuation of new residential-led developments and existing stock for a range of RPs and private developers to assist them in assessing the likely value of affordable tenure housing.
For new build developments, we undertake this work from the initial design stage, at various points in the development process, right up to when the units are to be launched to the market for sale or to rent.
We frequently provide advice within the development sector to both RP and developers, providing advice on the following:
- Advice in negotiations on property/land acquisition
- Valuation and appraisal of land both for mixed private/affordable tenure developments, and wholly affordable schemes
- Valuation of shared ownership and also private tenure newly built units to set the marketing values/rents
- Disposing and acquiring Section 106 tenure housing within new developments
- Advice on and the valuation of Section 106 affordable tenure housing obligations for both private developer and RPs, which is disposed of in the form of a ‘Package Price Agreement’
- Valuation work for RPs including reports required for relevant HCA/Housing Act consents, market research, current market values, January 1999 existing values for setting social rent, market rents, shared ownership sales appraisals for residential property and valuation of commercial property
- Site finding and new business identification for both private and public sector clients
- Stock transfer valuations and assessment of Existing Use Value - Social Housing (EUV-SH)
- We also handle commercial lettings and sales, commercial property management, compulsory purchase advice and auction disposals for RP clients
While our affordable housing work is London-wide, we have particularly close contacts with the development teams at the most active RPs in East and North London and possess detailed knowledge of their current requirements.
To discuss further or to learn how we can help in your next project, please contact a member of our team.